At the end of each month I check how many people have been accessing our website at www.tica.ie. The statistics also allow me to check which are the most popular pages on the site.
Ever since we introduced the `Find A Coach` page it has consistently come at the top of the list for most looked at page on the website.
Some time ago, I wrote to all members with details of how to make this space work for you. Each member now has an opportunity to develop his or her own `personal section` in the Find A Coach area, where you can post a photograph of yourself, and a paragraph, which could include information such as
• A brief summary of your career to date.
• Where you are based and how far you are willing to travel.
• Areas of tennis you are especially interested in working in – juniors, Cardio, private lessons.
• The address of your website, should you have one.
• Your coaching philosophy/methods/principles.
• Any `special offers` you might be willing to make – e.g. first individual lesson is half price!
• Any other information you feel would be effective in encouraging prospective clients to contact you – e.g. your hourly rate for individual lessons, or other qualifications you may have that are relevant to tennis.
Not a lot of coaches responded to this offer first time round. Some did, and you can see the kind of information they posted by clicking on the `More` button opposite their name.
I am hearing anecdotal reports that some coaches are noticing a decline in business, undoubtedly due to the ongoing recession. Why not use this opportunity to present yourself and your capabilities to potential clients? And it won`t cost you a cent to do so…
If you would like to expand your profile at www.tica.ie in this way, just email me the relevant information (saved as a Word document) and photo (saved as a jpeg, no larger than 100KB in size).