Do you enjoy watching tennis on TV? Do your children want to join a club? Why not start playing tennis this year?
Some of the benefits of tennis:
1. Playing tennis regularly improves aerobic fitness, speed, leg strength, gross and fine motor control, agility, dynamic balance, coordination and flexibility.
2. The average female playing an hour of singles tennis burns 420 calories while the average male burns 600.
3. Tennis is a non-contact, low impact sport with little risk of injury.
4. Playing tennis regularly significantly reduces the risk of Ireland’s three most common killer diseases – heart disease, cancer and lung disease.
5. Playing tennis twice a week can reduce the risk of cognitive decline that can come with ageing.
Find your local club here: http://goo.gl/hsjef